Most people know that diet rich in sebum can be a cause of acne – reason why one wants to look for the best diet for acne. This is in the hope that these natural acne treatments can help lessen the burden associated with the skin problem. Luckily, you can always focus on the types of food to eat then set your minds on foods to avoid as well. By doing so, you can already eliminate acne.
There are many reasons on why people want to know the best diet for acne. As mentioned, this is because there had been a lot of talk that some foods can cause your skin to breakout. But what is the truth behind the relationship between foods and acne? And is there really a diet which works best in dealing with acne problems?
Foods to Eat
The best diet for acne depends on the food you eat. It does not necessarily mean that you have to make a meal plan of the foods you eat every single day. Here is a list of foods that you should eat in order to prevent or treat acne :
- Fiber – Eating fiber-rich foods can help in cleansing and detoxifying the body. It eliminates preservatives and chemicals which can damage the skin. Apples, for instance, are very high in fiber thus they assist in the production of hormones which may cause acne. Other fiber sources are whole grains.
- Antioxidants – Include foods that are high in antioxidants in your diet. Good sources of antioxidants are those foods that are rich in vitamins A, C and E. You should then eat fruits and vegetables such as mangoes, kale, sweet potatoes, carrots, orange, strawberries, kiwis, and oranges. The best diet for acne must include olives, spinach and asparagus.
- Low Fat Content – Fats are essential to a balanced diet. However, they should be taken in moderation to avoid acne breakout. A good source of low fat diet is foods which contain omega-3 fatty acids. Therefore, you should eat fish, walnut and flaxseeds to meet the fatty acids you need.
- Water – A way to fight acne is to keep you skin hydrated. It cleanses and clears the skin thus promoting a healthy glow. This is made possible through proper water intake.
Foods to Avoid
Preventing acne means you also have to avoid certain foods. It is because these foods cause acne breakouts and may even damage the skin. Refined sugars and high calorie foods increase the risk of acne breakouts. It is because they increase the production of inflammatory hormones which lead to the formation of acne. Therefore, you should avoid foods such as dairy foods and deep fried foods.
Tips to Have the Best Diet for Acne
Yes, acne prevention does not need a strict diet plan. However, it is helpful to know some ways to make diet more effective in fighting acne. Here are some tips to preventing acne with the help of proper diet :
- A woman should eat 2 egg yolks a day while a man should consume 5 egg yolks.
- Females can consume up to 50 grams of fresh raw fish a day while males can eat 100 grams of fresh raw fish.
- Always eat carbohydrates and fats together. For every 2 grams of carbohydrates, there should be one gram of fat.
- When eating, consume first the fruit, next is the salad and finally the fish.
The best diet for acne is determined by the foods you need to eat and the foods you have to avoid. To get the most out of it, there are some help but not necessary tips to prevent acne. Keep this information in mind to help clear your skin from acne.