Get Rid Of Acne With An Acne Diet
When it comes to treating acne, a lot of attention is paid to the external things such as an acne cleanser or acne cream. However, this only tackles one part of the problem external side. There are other things that can affect it that have nothing to do with the outside of the body.
These include stress and eating a poor diet that is filled with junk food and not enough fruits and vegetables. In order to get rid of the acne for good it`s important to also consider other factors such as the internal aspects of why the acne exists. For example, if the acne is caused because the person has poor eating habits, it stands to reason that changing the diet helps it heal. In order to find the best solution for acne finding a good acne diet is one of the most important factors. The important factor is finding the right products to put on it. However, eating a good diet is one of the things you could easily control.
What is the acne diet?
Contrary to popular belief, certain foods do not cause acne. I was once thought that foods like chocolate and fast food items like hamburgers and fries were the culprit for causing acne. Now, we know that it isn`t the food that causes acne, but rather an underlying problem. This is where the right diet comes into play. If you feed your body the right things, it will put your body back in balance. Your body will have the fuel, vitamins, and minerals that it needs in order to repair the skin and help your body get rid of the infection. The acne diet is anything that allows you to do that. For different people that could mean different things. Basically, the diet helps the body heal.
Basics of the Acne Diet
There are a few factors to consider when planning out what to eat and what not to eat. If you are dedicated to helping your acne heal, chances are, the process will go a lot smoother if you know exactly what to eat and why you need to eat it.The basic factors include having a diet that is low in saturated fat, eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, drinking a lot of water, and consuming an adequate amount of protein and carbohydrates. These are the building blocks of a healthy diet in general. As an extra bonus, we`d go to the beach, too.
You can take the acne diets that work recommendations to another level by avoiding certain foods. These include poultry, dairy, chocolate, and anything that`s fattening. However, these are avoided for various health purposes, not because it is believed that these foods cause acne. If you absolutely must eat meat, it is important to shop for organic foods.In order to help support your body you should also take a multivitamin and make sure you drink plenty of water and get enough exercise. These are all essential factors to helping your body so that your skin can heal. The fact is, your body needs the vitamins and minerals that a good diet can provide.
Acne Diet Foods To Avoid
- Processed foods that contain large amounts of chemicals, preservatives and trans-fats are considered to be extremely bad for those who suffer from acne problems.
- Spicy foods, foods that contain yeast, alcohol, caffeine and food cooked on charcoal should be avoided to maintain an acne free face.
- It has also been observed that whole grains also aggravate the acne condition.
- Foods that result in low absorption of zinc should be avoided too. This typically includes foods that are rich in calcium, copper and iron.
- High glycemic index foods that result in a sudden increase in the blood sugar levels are also considered to be bad for acne. Therefore, potatoes, rice and other sweets should be consumed in limited quantities only. It is also recommended that these be eliminated from the diet completely in case your acne condition is extremely severe.
- While it has not been established unequivocally, there are some who have reported a significant increase in acne with intake of iodine. Consuming non iodized salt has therefore helped in managing the condition better
Foods That Help Clear Acne
- Increasing the protein intake has shown good results in controlling the spread of acne and limiting the condition.
- Vitamin A and zinc found in carrots, nuts, seeds and several herbs can prove to be immensely effective in reducing acne in most people.
- Green tea contains a high concentration of antioxidants and is something that many people have benefitted from. Sipping this concoction slowly over a few days can help reduce the signs of acne visibly.
- Fresh fruits have a fair amount of fiber that can help cleanse the digestive system every day. Consume at least 3 portions of fruits and raw vegetables every day to ensure that you remain acne-free.
While it is true that consuming high amounts of candies, chocolates and trans-fats can make an acne condition worse, it is also true that higher levels of protein intake and a balanced diet can help you avoid the medication that is often prescribed to acne patients.
Final Thoughts – After a few months of changing your eating habits and eating a healthy diet that is designed to assist your body while the acne is healing, you should notice a considerable change in your appearance, your energy level, and your confidence. When your skin looks good it is no longer embarrassing – you can have a face that you are proud to show off that is free from acne. And remember, if it isn`t getting better you should see a doctor or dermatologist.